Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Unexpected but welcome

It seems most folks are either cat people or dog people. I've thought of myself as a cat person, not willing to get a dog for fear the cats would eat it.


I'm not sure which one of these characters would do the deed but I was convinced they would never tolerate a D-O-G in their house.
Then one day, about three weeks ago we spied something that made me pull off the two lane highway and stop. A dog was running frantically from one lane to the other, confused and unable to get off the road. It was pouring down rain and the little guy was not going to last long unless someone did something. My daughter and I got out of the car, convinced the traffic to stop and gathered up Mr. Cold Wet and Shaky. We checked the neighborhood to see if anyone recognized him. We placed an ad on Craigslist. We refused to give him a name because we were not keeping him.
No one claimed him. We waited.
Then...

This happened


Who knew?

So now he has a name. Meet Hamish, the mystery terrier.

We have a dog.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Hamish!
    I had to laugh..I'm a dog person who *stumbled* into owning 3 cats! Wonderful of you and your daughter to stop and save this guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, Amy! Animals taken in like that bring good luck with them -- watch for it!

    ReplyDelete